Written By Sandy Johnson, Tierney Curriculum & Instructional Specialist
While working from home has become the “new normal,” many companies are now preparing to bring employees back to the office. Whether your company will bring all employees back at once, or plans to implement a more gradual return, it is important to be prepared with safety and sanitation measures to help keep your employees safe and comfortable. While some are feeling anxious about returning to the office for a number of reasons, there are new technologies available to ease anxieties when it comes to health and safety.
That first step back into the office is a big one, and that step should not be taken by anyone showing signs of illness in order to protect the well-being of everyone else in your building. Here are some basic steps you can take to improve safety measures at the entrance of your workplace:
- Wear a mask: According to CDC recommendations, you should wear a face mask when social distancing measures are hard to maintain. This means that employees should wear a mask when they enter the workplace, though it may be an option to remove the face mask once they are settled at their workspace (as long as they are able to distance themselves from other employees).
- Wellness survey: Create a short, online survey for all employees and visitors to complete before they enter the building. This survey should ask whether they are experiencing any symptoms, or if they have recently been exposed to Covid-19. This will serve as a reminder to anyone entering the building that if they are unwell or have recently been exposed to Covid-19, they should not enter.
- Temperature scan: There are many options for temperature-scanning technologies out there, but our favorites right now are the Aurora TAURI Temperature-Check Tablet and the Protect98 Temperature Sensor w/ Facial Recognition. Both of these are self-serve options, which means you don’t need to risk exposure to a front-desk employee by having them take everyone’s temperature.
KEEP EMPLOYEES SAFE AND WORKSPACES CLEAN
Once employees are in your building, there are simple steps and tools you can use to maintain sanitation and safety throughout the work day. The best way to ensure safety, it seems, is to encourage social distancing, especially in common spaces where employees are likely to gather. Digital signage is a great way to communicate with employees and visitors, post reminders about social distancing and mask-wearing etiquette, and encourage hand-washing and sanitation.
- NoviSign combines digital signage with a hand sanitizer dispenser, which is great to post near entrances or other common spaces in your office.
- Tierney has also put together a great DigiWipes bundle, which combines digital signage with a sanitation wipe dispenser, which is perfect for areas that need frequent cleaning and disinfecting.
REACH OUT TO TIERNEY
Tierney has been preparing their own headquarters for the safe and gradual return of employees and visitors for the last few months, and we’d love to share our recommendations as you get ready to welcome people back to the office. While we can’t guarantee that our methods and technologies will absolutely work against the spread of Covid-19 in your office, we have done our best to implement as many safety and sanitation measures as possible and can help you do the same. Contact us directly for more information.