University of Louisiana at Monroe
ULM wanted to re-purpose an old and rarely used library building into a new technological and recruiting centerpiece on campus. Knowing they needed new floor-to-ceiling technology, ULM contacted Scott Albarado, Bluum account executive.
From the myriad of technological tools available to higher education institutions and their students, Albarado helped ULM narrow
them down to the industry’s best, while ensuring the resulting end-to-end solution fit the University’s unique needs.
With help from Summit Integration Systems and 15 other vendors, Albarado helped ULM take the old library down to its columns and design and install a comprehensive technology solution with the interactive capabilities they needed.
Now the centerpiece of campus, Sandel Hall features a state-of-the-art biology laboratory, numerous smart classrooms, an innovation center, conference rooms, a new bookstore, and the space to house vital student services including the registrar, admissions, financial aid, and more.
Bluum helped design and install an end-to-end solution to create a fully equipped, technologically advanced student services hub.
Some of the standout technology installed in Sandel Hall includes:
- Video wall: An eye-catching video wall behind the reception desk impressively welcomes visitors with videos,
photos, and other content from all aspects of university life to catch students’ interest.
- Wayfinding kiosk: This technologically advanced, interactive kiosk, customized to ULM’s needs, allows users to
locate everything they need on campus, including people, departments, and more.
- Smart classrooms: Fully equipped with dual screens, projectors, monitors, document cameras, a special
presentation system, touch panels, and more, ULM students can interact with technology to better prepare them
for their future careers.
- Smart conference rooms: 90-inch monitors and top-of-the-line technology amp up any presentation in these multimedia conference rooms.
- Computer-based video conferencing access room: This specialized room— featuring a 22-foot screen, multiple
projectors, 3 PTD cameras, and 13 gooseneck microphones—allows ULM faculty, staff, and students to connect with anyone in the world and feel like they’re right in the room.
- Biology lab: Leveraging a host of the latest technologies—including eight large monitors, two ceiling document
cameras, 10 presentation interfaces, JBL ceiling speakers, an equipment rack, and more—this biology lab offers
eight rows of student tables with wall-mounted monitors in each work area and two teacher stations where
instructors can control what is displayed on one or all monitors.
This comprehensive technology solution, designed by Bluum and Summit Integration Systems, features products from these partners:
- Middle Atlantic
- Spectrum Furniture