frequently asked questions
What is Bluum?
In a nutshell, Bluum is a monthly subscription service for awesome, busy parents, to help you discover new products to make life with babies, toddlers and preschoolers easier and more fun.
What can I expect to receive in my Bluum boxes?
Your Bluum box includes four or more full-sized products each month, curated for you based on your child's birth date and gender, always with a combined retail value of $45 or more! You can Bluum from your first month of pregnancy all the way until your Bluum baby is in preschool (up to 5 years old), and we know how fast that time flies by!
How much does a Bluum subscription cost? What are my subscription options?
We offer flexible subscription plans to allow you to Bluum as much or as little as you want. Keep in mind that all Bluum subscriptions renew at the end of the subscription term. NOTE: Sales tax will be applied to all orders and renewals in New York State, Delaware and Connecticut. If available, you may enter and redeem one promotion code at checkout per order.
- Our current subscription plans (1 plan per child):
- • Monthly plan - $34 billed monthly, automatically
- • 6 month plan - $186 billed every 6 months
- • 12 month plan - $348 billed yearly
How do you select what I receive in my box?
Our MOMs (Managers of Merchandising) work with numerous brands to find the most innovative, kid-tested and exciting products to make your life as a parent easier and much more fun. Books, age-appropriate, high-quality toys, apparel accessories, all natural home and body care items and gear are just some of the types of products included in the Bluum box. We curate your box according to the specific age and gender information to provide about your little one, and tailor each month’s box to the milestones and interests that suit his or her developmental age and stage.
Can I choose or switch out items in my box?
We are so confident in the amazing boxes our merchandisers put together, we do not offer the option to switch out items or choose specific items to go into your box. Our expertise is in finding brands you may not have found on your own, picking only the best items we find, and surprising and delighting you with something new and exciting each month!
Are the products you include in Bluum boxes organic?
We feature organic and all-natural products whenever possible. Our team of MOMs (managers of merchandising) carefully test and select each product - from organic baby care products to toys to gear - ensuring that everything you receive is responsibly sourced, free of chemicals and beneficial to both parents and children. We also continuously gather reviews from our customers to learn more about how are products are working for you – and adapt accordingly. If you’d like to share feedback about a product you received, please contact customer service any time.
Can I give Bluum as a gift?
Absolutely! Bluum gifts are perfect for your family & friends upon the birth of a new baby, as a wonderful holiday gift or a way to brighten someone’s #Bluumboxday each month. Simply enter the gift recipient’s mailing address when checking out. Be sure to sign into your online account or email contact@Bluum.com to let us know if you do not want this gift to automatically renew at the end of your subscription term.
We are also currently working on a gift subscription that will be a one-time purchase that will not renew automatically at the end of term. With this new gift option, the gift recipient will be able to access their box selections each month via email if you provide their email address, and you’ll manage your account information from your account dashboard. Stay tuned for more information.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept all major credit/debit cards (Amex, Visa, MasterCard & Discover) and Paypal. Prepaid cards are accepted only for 6, 12 Bluum subscriptions. You may always sign into your account dashboard and add or update your payment method on file to avoid an interruption in your Bluum subscription renewals.
Can I change my shipping address?
Of course! Log in to your account dashboard to make changes to your billing and/or shipping address at any time. Please make changes by the first of the month in order to ensure the next box ships to the correct address.
Can I pause my subscription?
You may pause your Bluum subscription in your account dashboard for one, two or three months at a time. When your pause period runs out, your membership will automatically reactivate and you will continue to receive boxes.
What is your cancellation policy?
- All Bluum subscriptions renew automatically (and charge your payment method on file) at the end of term (monthly or annually) on or around the 1st of the month. If desired, you can disable auto-renewal at any time from your online account dashboard. If a coupon was used for your first order, the renewal charges will reflect the current monthly rate. For any orders placed after the 20th of the month, your next renewal date will be 15 days later so you do not miss out on a month’s box.
- If you have reason to cancel your subscription before your subscription term has come to an end, please contact customer service at contact@Bluum.com for assistance. Be aware, a $25 early cancellation fee will be deducted from any refund you may seek for boxes you have not yet received on a multi-month subscription.
- Please be aware, turning off auto-renewal of your subscription online does not cancel remaining boxes in your subscription term, so your boxes will be sent as usual until your subscription term is complete.
Where are my Bluum rewards points?
If you collected Bluum rewards points before March 2017, those will still exist on your account, though they may not show in your account dashboard anymore. If you’ve earned a minimum of 500 rewards points, you may redeem your points for a free Bluum box. Contact customer service for assistance in redeeming your points at contact@Bluum.com
Can I have multiple Bluum accounts?
All of your purchase activity will be listed under one Bluum account, including subscriptions for your own children and gift subscriptions you’ve purchased, if the purchaser information (email address, billing address, name, etc) are the same. Accounts and orders with duplicate information will be cancelled automatically by our system.
How do I reach customer service?
- Reach us by email: contact@Bluum.com
Please allow at least 24 hours for a response.
- Reach us by phone: 1 -800-799-7811 Monday to Friday 10am-4pm EST
If you don't reach us, feel free to leave a voicemail or send an email and we'll respond as soon as we can.
- Any issues or errors with your Bluum box should reported to customer service immediately. We will find an appropriate solution at our discretion on a case-by-case basis for issues or errors reported 30 days of the delivery date.
- Reach us by email: contact@Bluum.com
How can I reach your merchandising team?
We're always on the hunt for the most interesting products on the market so feel free to let us know if you have a suggestion :) You can email our MOM (Managers of Merchandising) team directly at: brands@Bluum.com
How long does shipping take?
Your Bluum box will ship within 4 business days. During this time, you will receive an email with the opportunity to review your box or choose an alternative box. Once shipping is confirmed, you will receive a tracking number via email and you can also track your box’s progress on Bluum.com. To minimize the cost of your box, we ship by USPS, which typically delivers 5 – 7 business days after we confirm shipping.
RETURNS & REFUNDS
Can I return my box?
We’re sorry that we cannot accept returns of whole boxes or individual products. If you’ve received a defective, damaged, or otherwise unsatisfactory product, please reach out to customer service and let us know immediately so we can find an appropriate solution.
What is your refund policy?
- Bluum boxes are created and put into production immediately after your card is charged successfully. Because of this strict turnaround, we cannot refund a charge for your box or subscription after a box has been packed and/or shipped.
- To request early cancellation of your subscription and a related refund before the end of your subscription term, please contact customer service at contact@Bluum.com before your next box is shipped. Please be aware, early cancellation fees may apply.
- Also, turning off auto-renewal of your subscription online does not cancel remaining boxes in your subscription term or initiate a refund request for those boxes, so your boxes will be sent as usual until your subscription term is complete. Please contact customer service at contact@Bluum.com for assistance if you require early cancellation.
- Note: Gift orders are non-refundable.
How can I apply to become a brand ambassador or affiliate?
Earn commissions and make meaningful connections to our brand by becoming a brand affiliate. Click here to get started.
How do I express interest in including my product in Bluum boxes?
We’re always looking for hot, new, interesting products. If you have something you think our MOMs (managers of merchandising) might like, click here to share your information and learn more about us.
Do you offer corporate gifting of Bluum box subscriptions?
Absolutely! Bluum subscriptions make the perfect gift for an employee who is out on parental leave, to show them you’re thinking about them, while allowing them to enjoy their new bundle of joy. Learn more HERE.